My section was the first to board (in the very back) and I was fortunate enough to get both bags in the overhead container right above me and my seatmate. He was young-my age and did not offer to help me lift my gigantic carry-on bags into the compartment. Oh well. It was an uneventful ride; I watched 4 movies and slept for about 3 hours total. Food was alright.
We landed ahead of schedule, luckily Bohye had been checking my flight info and alerted her parents of this. Anyway, I got through customs and got my bags without much delay. I went through and...no parents. I waited about 5 minutes and Mrs. Kim arrived. We went outside and loaded my bags into Mr. Kim's car. Then we went to go pick Bohye up from work and went to Lotte Department Store for dinner. Bohye and I went to an American buffet. We returned to their home and managed to get my bags up their 3 stories but not without battle wounds. My "new" carpetbag courtesy of Mrs. Kearney broke a strap. :( My hard-top suitcase has 2 latches to close and one of them continues to 'pop' open even after being shut. The one alone is enough to keep it closed, but I'm guessing only for gentle transportation. If it gets tossed off the airplane onto a conveyer belt, it might just explode. We'll see.
Bohye gave me her old cellphone to use--she's trying to get another used one for me. But anyway, I have internet and kakao talk (which is basically free text and call app) and a phone so I'm all set. I shifted some things around in my bags tonight and gave my gifts. It's already 10:40pm here so I think I'm ready to call it a day!
| First meal on the plane |
No comments:
Post a Comment