Saturday, June 29, 2013

Preparations

With the ticket purchased, I'm now trying to schedule and plan my life. The only problem is that Korea, unlike myself, does not like to plan things out. I think I've mentioned this before in my other blogs--no one does planning or rather, does not plan things as far out in advance as I like to or am used to. Which causes me some stress, but I am working on getting used to this.

I don't have exact dates for our EPIK orientation nor do I know the location of the orientation. We won't be receiving our contracts and notifications of appointments until mid-July! I do not know where my apartment is located, the size or the items contained in it (some are fully equipped and furnished--gifts from previous teachers left behind or by some other way). I also do not know where I will be teaching, the size of my school, how many students I will have or how many co-teachers I will have.

I do however know that I have wonderful family-friends picking me up at the airport and letting me stay with them for several nights. I am attending an exciting adoptee conference and playing soccer for the Korea team in the adoptee World Cup at the conference. I also know that I have over 30 friends/contacts all over Korea that I can call for help or to spend time with. I am comforted by the things I know!

Other good news, 5 weeks after mailing in my IRS Residency Certificate (form 8802) I finally received it in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment