Hurray! I talked to my coordinator and I am allowed to arrive early to Korea! I was concerned I would need to wait until the scheduled arrival with all the other applicants. However, after emailing him, I got the okay to come ahead of time. I'm super excited because that means I can attend the IKAA (International Korean Adoptee Associations) Gathering in Seoul! I've heard about "The Gathering" for a few years now and haven't been able to attend. What's even better is that there is a "World Cup" soccer tournament between adoptees of the different countries and I can also participate in this! (I haven't played soccer competitively in a 'real' game in a long time-maybe 4 years?!) When I was in Korea in the fall, my GOA'L (Global Overseas Adoptee's Link) friends asked me if I would be going to IKAA and if so, would I play on their team. I had no idea where my future was taking me, but promised if I was there, I'd play with them.
So, my tentative departure date is July 29th, arriving in Korea on the 30th. I'll have a day to adjust and play soccer on the 1st! Possibly working up the courage to buy the ticket today. We'll see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment