Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Weekend with the Wiza's

Thursday--My mom and I made my last trip to Milwaukee to visit my Grandpa and Aunt Ruth. For dinner, we went to 3 Brothers a Serbian restaurant. We invited our neighbor friend, Mrs. Kearney along because she also enjoys 3 Brothers. It was a fun night.
Mrs. Kearney and Mom
Grandpa and me
Spinach Burek!
Mom, Grandpa and Mrs. Kearney outside 3 Brothers
 Friday--I met my friend Erin for lunch, unfortunately our soccer coach Tom wasn't able to join us. I also forgot to get a picture with Erin. She and I traveled to Korea together in 2007 and I'm twisting her arm to convince her to come visit me at some point while I'm there. We played Scrabble in the evening and Mom won.
Scrabble whiz
Saturday--Phil was considering coming to visit so my mom and I kept it a secret from Grandpa. Just before Grandpa wanted to go to church, Phil and Kristin arrived. He was surprised! We sat and talked outside since it had FINALLY cooled off and then went to DeMarini's for dinner. After dinner, we watched the ferry take off to Michigan and then went to Leon's for custard. Yum!
Mom and me at DeMarini's
Fam outside De Marini's
Phil, Grandpa and Mom watching the boat
Phil, Grandpa, Mom and Kristin watching the boat launch
Leon's!
Fam
Phil and Mom enjoying their custard!
 Sunday--We went to church only to find out there was police tape all around and hear that sadly the priest had died. After we went to church at St. Veronica's, we got home and Aunt Ruth called us told us we'd be going out for lunch since she was so busy on the phone all morning. We went to her favorite restaurant, Andrea's and had a nice time together.
Aunt Ruth, Grandpa and me at Andrea's
 It was definitely hard to say goodbye to my family. It's a comfort to know we can keep in touch through skype and email though.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and comments. Love, Ruth and Mike

    ReplyDelete