This morning, I woke when I heard Michelle's alarm go off around 7 or so. We all woke super groggy. She took off around 8:30 and then called me shortly after. She didn't have enough change to take the MRT to the airport and the taxi would take any card BUT a Visa...I went downstairs to lend her some cash and said goodbye again.
Back up in the room, Ryan and I got ready to visit the pool one more time. It was nice because I forgot to take pictures of the amazing infinity pool in the daylight (the night time photos are pretty spectacular, but I wanted to have some from the day as well). We spent about an hour up in the pool and hot tub before heading back to the room to clean up and check out. After check out we split ways as he was heading on to Hong Kong to visit a friend. But he will come visit Korea on Friday after he stops in Taiwan.
I had made a tentative schedule for Sunday before I came, but after yesterdays schedule was a little bit different than what we had planned originally and because I was a few hours after what I had envisioned I decided to improvise a bit. So first stop was the Gardens by the Bay. The Gardens were really beautiful. The sun came out and it was really starting to get hot-the big thing on my mind was the beautiful infinity pool on top of the hotel that was towering over the gardens. I spent about an hour wandering around there.
Next I wanted to see the Merlion Park. As I was walking, I thought about what to have for lunch. I ended up just kind of wandering around through some of the different neighborhoods with no real plan set. I wanted to see whatever I could. I went through a couple different malls and stopped by the Long Bar, where the Singapore Sling originated from. I wandered through Little India and saw the Arab quarter as well. Most of the afternoon and evening was spent on my feet walking, walking.
Around 9 or so I headed to the airport for my 1am flight. I checked in and waited to board the plane. Super tired, feet sore, but another country checked on my list and some great memories made!
No comments:
Post a Comment