Monday, August 19, 2013

Big News Day! A week early!

Instead of building up anticipation and going through the entire day's events to get to the big news... I'll just skip to the good stuff......

After dinner I checked my email and I had an email from my co-teacher! Before even thoroughly reading through the note, I spotted the name of the school and nervously put it into google maps. It is a bit further north and west than I was hoping, but by subway only about 35 minutes from church. So, the name of my school is Nokbun Elementary and I will be teaching 5th and 6th graders. If you search Eunpyeong-gu in google maps it will give you the general location--I haven't been given specific details of the school or where I am living yet.

It's pretty exciting to find out my school because apparently only 10% of teachers are contacted by their schools ahead of time. It takes a lot of the nervous anticipation for the end of orientation. I'm glad I know where I will be, but am a little sad I'm so far away from all of my friends.

In other news of the day, we had a campus tour that did not last very long. Lunch. A opening ceremony that consisted of some important people speaking, a taekwondo performance, and a cultural lecture by a very entertaining and amusing professor (Canadian) from Korea University. Then we split into our "classes" which is divided by city/region. Seoul is the largest with about 60, so we are further divided into A and B (but will meet together for most things). We then had our class meeting which gave some general information. Afterwards we had a short break before dinner.

Now, I'm working on an introduction email to my co-teacher and getting hydrated for our medical test tomorrow. After midnight we can't drink any more water so I'm trying to fill up. 
So amazing he could not only jump that high but also break two boards!!!

Welcoming Ceremony--President of NIIED

All our Team Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment