Friday, August 16, 2013

Shopping Day

I skyped with my Mom and Grandpa in the morning. I also did my laundry. The best part about doing laundry at KoRoot--the dryer! They actually have a real dryer! AMAZING! I of course splurged and spent the extra 2,000W to dry my clothes!! I'm actually wondering if I can come and do laundry here all the time....

We had lunch, which was chicken bulgogi. Then I went out to wander a bit. I was supposed to meet Mina, the student from Inje I met with Ginger and Tommy during the Gathering, but she had to cancel so I was wondering what I would do in the evening. I contacted my friend Min Kyung, So thinking she probably wouldn't be able to meet because she would go home and spend time with her husband, but she said she had no plans after work! First I went back to Insadong because when I was there on Monday I didn't feel well I didn't look much at the things. I found a new wallet to replace the one that was stolen when I left Korea in December. Then I walked to Jongak Station where they have underground shopping. I looked a lot but didn't buy anything. I met up with Min Kyung and we walked to a restaurant that was tofu stew--where I went with a few adoptees during the Gathering, but unfortunately it was closed! (For the holiday season) So we picked a restaurant next to it and had a cold noodle soup. After dinner Min Kyung asked me if I liked "bing soo". Typically bing soo is served with "pat" which is red beans, but Min Kyung doesn't like pat either. She heard of a place that had chocolate bing soo in Myeongdong, so we went there. It was so delicious! There was chocolate ice cream and it was chocolate shaved ice with chunks of chocolate type cake and walnuts. When we finished eating we walked around and shopped a little. I finally found a pair of shoes-they are comfortable and dressy. I also bought a dress and nail polish.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera's card so I wasn't able to take any pictures today. I was so disappointed, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment