I was scheduled to skype with my mom and Grandpa, but they had some technical difficulties. I was on a tight schedule so it was a 2 minute conversation, but I was still glad I got to see my Grandpa. After our short talk, I went to the subway and rented a locker for my bags, only to realize once I got back to the hotel I bet they have a service to watch my stuff for free....oh well. I checked out and then I went to the "closing ceremony" brunch. I sat near the stage and had a family from Colorado join me. Later a few adoptees who have relocated here sat at our table too. I talked a little with them and one gave me his number to contact him if I needed anything or help at all. The brunch was delicious too; Korean and American food. There are also 2 brothers adopted to France who's family owns a winery and they gave us champagne with the brunch. :) After brunch I joined with John and Jes, my soccer friends and we chatted for a long time. John and I were headed in the same direction, so we took the subway together. I checked into my next guesthouse and took a nap! After my nap I wanted to go shopping but my toe was bothering me. I did walk one subway stop distance to another college-y area that has mostly department stores. I had planned to go one more subway stop away but my toe hurt too much. I went to a convenience store for some kimbap and snacks to eat. I walked to church and was about 2 hours early, so I sat near their futsol fields and watched some soccer.
Finally it was time for church and the priest was as great as I remembered. After church, I walked back to my guesthouse to change for the 'after party' for the conference. An adoptee performed his rap songs and a few Koreans performed as well. It was pretty packed and super hot. I stayed a few hours and then had to go because I was just too tired.
 |
| Another ice sculpture |
 |
| Big buffet line! |
 |
| First plate ;) |
 |
| My soccer friends Jes and John |
No comments:
Post a Comment