Thursday, August 29, 2013

Errands

In the morning I worked on my plans. Then I went to 2 of my 5th grade classes. I liked them a lot. I also feel like this coteacher and I have similar teaching styles and thought process. I wish I was working with the 5th graders twice a week... Anyway, we went to lunch after and also sat with my other coteacher. Then we had a meeting, the 3 of us to discuss plans and such. Again, it was soo frustrating to try and communicate to the one teacher. She is very bossy (probably because she has a lot of seniority and is in her 50's while the other one is late 20's maybe early 30's) and likes to talk a lot even though she doesn't know what she's saying. She just repeats herself and talks about things not related to what I asked or what we were discussing. In our 50 minute meeting, the other teacher probably only spoke a total of 1 minute; me maybe 5-10... It didn't help much--it's quite confusing the system and all that, but really only 6th grade, go figure. The 5th grade teacher was just like, next week you teach this. The following week this. Okay? The other one is going on and on about the schedule and this and that--so confusing. Just talking with her makes me want to burst into tears.

After our meeting I spent some time fixing/adjusting the plans per their ideas from our meeting and then it was time to go to the bank! We picked Woori Bank to be my bank and spent the next 1 1/4 hrs waiting/filling out forms. Then back to my place to get my internet set up! It's only going to be about 13,000W a month (around $13) WITH wireless included! It's pretty awesome. And apparently as a special promotion they will give me 50,000W! So cool! That made me happy. Anyway, the setup took awhile. When they were finished my coteacher and I talked about planning a little bit. She then suggested we go to dinner. I tried declining because I just wanted to relax and get some stuff done, but when she asked again, I knew I had to agree. So we set off and picked a noodle restaurant very close to my place. It ended up being pleasant. We ordered japchae (noodles with vegetables in a soy sauce) and meat-kimchi cheon (cheon is like a fried pancake). For the FIRST time EVER, the shopkeeper asked if I wanted to take the leftovers home...WHAT?! OF COURSE! So I got it boxed up and brought it home.

I've spent the last few hours now catching up on my blog. I wanted to do my dishes, run to emart and do a little bit of cleaning, but I'm getting tired. We'll see how much of that list gets checked off, but the blog was the biggie.

Tomorrow in the evening I'll be going to Bohye's and spending the night. Saturday I'm going to Daejeon to help my friend Ginger. We don't know if I will spend the night or not, so have a great weekend. Prayers are always welcomed as I continue to adjust to this. Some moments I'm not feeling that great and second guess this decisions. Some moments I find peace and happiness but I can always use a positive thought or prayer to help me get through the long work days and difficult relationship with my coteacher.

Pictures of my place coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment