Today was the last day with the final classes. I rounded out my 2 years here by saying goodbye to some 6th grade classes. They didn't seem too torn up about my leaving (unlike my very emotional 5th graders). We took it easy for the last class and watched a Doctor Who episode. For the most part, they seemed to enjoy the show.
After work, I had no specific plans, for the first time in almost a month I'd say. I was actually a bit relieved to just have a night in and figured the best thing to do was finally go for a run! I went out and actually had a pretty decent time considering I haven't been running in a long time. It felt so good to be out there running (even though it was super hot!) When I got home, I got a message from Tommy, inviting me to Hongdae to meet his friends. I showered really quickly and got ready. He messaged me again saying that they were running behind and pushed the meeting time back an hour. I figured there was enough time for me to walk to Hongdae, so walk I did. I arrived and sent him a message and waited on a bench in the park. I waited some more and heard back from him and waited at the chocolate dessert place. His friend from U of M and his girlfriend were just passing through Korea on their way back to the US from Japan. She held them up a bit looking at makeup. When we finally met up, the original place had stopped serving bingsu (shaved ice) so we went to a different cafe. After bingsu, we went to Maekju ya for some drinks and darts. There is a strawberry lime cider that is quite good! Darts was also fun to play, even though I lost all rounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment