One of the last "Terrible Tuesdays"! They really aren't so terrible these days, just very long days.
After work, I headed to Hongdae to meet up with some adoptees. Orjan had invited me to join some other adoptees he had met to do a kind of "game night" at the Vault. I'll go into the concept in a bit. There was Michael, Ashley, Kjersti, Philip, Orjan and me. First we met up and decided what to have for dinner. Michael, the one organizing the event said he wanted Chinese but didn't really know any place around there. I knew of a restaurant so I led the way. Most of us ordered jjajangmyeon, the noodles and black bean sauce dish.
We finished dinner and headed to the Vault. A few more members joined us there; Gordon (an adoptee from Canada I had met a few years ago at Thanksgiving) Pat, and Hee. There were 2 different "rooms" to choose to play. One was more mission impossible inspired with laser lights and the task of "stealing" a diamond and getting out of the room. The other was just more a mental challenge with clues to figure out how to get out of that room. We split into different teams as there were 9 of us. I headed to the mission impossible inspired room. We were given 45 minutes to try and figure it out. At 30 minutes they came and asked if we wanted a clue and gave us a hint. It did not help us and we were not successful in stealing the diamond! The other group doing the mental task did not have any luck in getting out of their room either. It was still a fun experience though.
Next, some people wanted to try the new grapefruit flavored soju. We went in search of somewhere to have it and saw a bbq restaurant quite close with advertising for it. Inside, we were told we couldn't just order drinks, so we got a small order of meat to share with everyone. It was a fun time eating, drinking and chatting with new friends. We stayed pretty late, but I was able to catch the last subway home!
No comments:
Post a Comment