Monday, July 6, 2015

Bohye!

Work felt a little bit overwhelming. I met with my coteacher to discuss summer camp. She has revamped it from how I did it last year; changing things from the textbook to class schedule. It's not a problem, but it's a bit of an adjustment and more planning required.

After work I stopped at home before going to meet Bohye. We picked Sindorim. I actually abhor this subway station when trying to transfer, but just leaving the station isn't a big deal. It's the station from hell because line 1 and 2 (biggest lines) meet here and its heavy foot traffic and is pretty crazy. Outside the station, they have a beautiful park surrounding the whole area. There are benches built up stadium style with some sections that have reclined seats. It's quite nice. We decided to go to Charles Kimbap and thought getting it to go would be really fun so we could eat in the park. The weather was pretty nice for being outside too. We ate and were talking about my Mom when Bohye mentioned that KakaoTalk (the messenger service that all Koreans use) had a new update and it included video calls! So, we decided to try it out and called Mom. It was a fun surprise and I got to see little Chev. After the call, we walked around the park a little bit. The sun was setting and the sky was an absolutely beautiful coral pink color. I tried snapping some pictures with my phone, but they could not capture the actual color well. We were getting ready to part ways because Bohye has gaya-gum (a traditional Korean instrument) lessons early in the morning, but she wanted to find the piano staircase. So we went in search of that in the station. There are about 10 steps that are wired and light up, when you step on them, they play a note. She and I had fun running up and down the steps for a little. She played "Mary had a little lamb".

We parted ways and I contacted Orjan to see what he was up to. We agreed to meet in Jongno and headed to Koba to get a drink. It was good to see Mr. Lee and Orjan was able to sign the wall and drew the flag from Norway. We had a nice time talking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment