Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Girls Night

Today was an easy day at work; the few 6th grade classes I have on Tuesdays were moved to yesterdays empty class periods and I had already said goodbye to the 5th graders last week. That meant I had no classes to teach. There was a fair amount of work to do planning for camp, so that kept me busy during the workday.

After work, I headed to Sinchon and I decided I would walk there. I met Sumi and her sister, JiYoon there. I gave two options, the kalbi jjim that I had on Friday or another kalbi place I wanted to try. We settled on the new place. It was an ok decision. We ordered flavored beer (peach for me and strawberry for JiYoon) and a creamy makgoli (it tasted like melted ice cream!) and the only dish was a kalbi (steamed ribs) stew with ddeok, (rice cakes) french fries and lots of cheese. The dish was alright, but there wasn't a lot of meat. At the end, we asked to make it bokum bap (fried rice) which was good, except there were...fish eggs? mixed in as well. I would have been okay with them, but they kept popping and cracking as I ate the rice and I couldn't stand that. Boo on seafood ruining a dish for me!

When we finished eating, we walked around Sinchon debating what to do next. We settled on a little bingsu (shaved ice) cafe and ordered a mango bingsu. It was quite delicious and came with homemade mango sauce. Yum! It was a fun girls night with Sumi and JiYoon. I appreciate having girlfriends in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment