Nothing too special at work, I was just dreading the upcoming goodbyes for two of my 5th grade classes tomorrow.
I came home and took a short break. Around 7 I went out to meet Orjan for a late-ish dinner. We decided on the North Korean restaurant that I've been to a few times before. I ordered the nengmyeon, cold noodle soup and he got bibimbap. When we went to pay, the gentleman working there asked where we were from and we had broken conversation in English and Korean.
Next on to Insadong to try yuja (a citrus fruit) makgoli (Korean rice wine). My coteacher had recommended this place before so I wanted to try it. It was pretty good, but I'm not sure Orjan enjoyed his first makgoli experience. It can be an acquired taste. We sat and talked for awhile over the makgoli and it was a lot of fun. We were getting warm in the restaurant even though we were sitting upstairs with all the windows open, so we decided to take a walk. We wandered to Cheonggyecheon and took a short stroll there. Then we got some snacks and sat and talked some more before parting ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment