Saturday, September 7, 2013

Full Friday



I did not have to observe any classes today, so I mostly just worked on lesson plans and prepared for teaching on Monday! Work was rather uneventful and the day passed quickly. I was able to leave a little bit early because I needed to pick up my contract from the SMOE (Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education) office near Seodaemun. I took the short-cut to Nokbeon Station (and found the subway station this time) and made it to the SMOE campus. There were several buildings and I had a little bit of trouble finding the right one. I got to their office and picked up my contract and was done. Since I wasn’t planning on meeting Bohye’s family until around 6:15, I decided I would walk to the central area and go see Cheonggyecheon. I stopped at Mc Donald’s and got a 700W chocolate dipped ice cream cone and sat by the stream for a little.

I made my way to the subway station and hopped on. It was supposed to take only 40 minutes but it was actually closer to 50-55 minutes and I was afraid I would be late to meet Bohye. I was also in need of cash and couldn’t find an ATM that took my card. Anyway, I made it to the station right on time and rushed out to meet Bohye’s family. But…they weren’t there and Bohye told me to wait a moment. I thought they were just pulling the car around, but actually I think they were leaving their house—or were at another location. So I ended up waiting outside for them for around 20 minutes.

We went right to dinner after they picked me up. It was good to see Sion, Bohye’s younger brother. He had returned from his military training. He asked me if I had learned more Korean since I saw him in December. We met one of Pastor Kim’s pastor friends and his wife for dinner. We went to the same restaurant we went to when I left Korea in December. There was sooo much food! It was all pretty good.

After dinner, we went to Bohye’s church for a service. We were there early and just hanging out. Her brother practiced the drums and her father prepared. It was a short service and I think it was in part because tomorrow is Bohye’s birthday. After his short sermon, they played a short video. It was called “The Bus” and it was a super sad story about this bus driver and the brakes went out on his bus while driving and he couldn’t stop the bus. They were going downhill and there were 3 boys playing on a bicycle at the bottom. Since he couldn’t stop, he hit one of the boys, and it happened to be his son. I’m not sure what the point of the video was, but it was so sad. 

When the video was over, the service was done and we all went home. Bohye and I watched a movie, "Now You See Me" and then went to bed. 

This is round 3 of dishes they brought out for our meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment