This morning I skyped with my Mom and then later my Grandpa. It was good to see both of them. We had an early lunch because Bohye had to leave for work at 11. Her mom made kimchi fried rice with spam-ham and onion, soybean paste stew/soup and we had some sides as well. It was all very delicious.
When Bohye left, I decided I would take off too. I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to go, but noticed it was very dark and cloudy. I figured shopping underground would be the way to go, besides, I'm in search of some flat shoes. Well one of the first stores I come to I see some cute dresses and then I see the letters A M Y on a shelf and then looked up to see the store name was in fact "Amy". I figured this meant I had to buy something from there! I did buy a cute dress/top the only problem is I saw it elsewhere later on for less. So, what's in a name?
As I walked around more, I was a little hungry and I was thinking ice cream except that the underground mall gave way to the "Times Square" shopping mall and it was very air conditioned and quite cool actually. I was just wandering when I smelled a familiar scent--pretzels. So I went and bought some pretzel sticks from Auntie Anne's. I just couldn't resist. After my snack I headed home to Bohye's and just relaxed until Bohye returned from work around 6:30.
In the evening we went to a bbq and got "쪽 갈비" (jjok galbi) jjok meaning pieces and galbi is meat. Basically, it was ribs! We also go another order of some type of meat too. After we at dinner, we went to a used bookstore close by to the restaurant. We spent almost an hour there! My mission was to find any Korean children books/Korean for children. I found 2 that should do the job. The store was cute and there was a funny sign saying only dogs that are reading are allowed in the store! Since yesterday Bohye has been thinking about cake. So we went to the new cake 'bar' just down the street and had delicious cake and drinks. We sat and talked for awhile and then walked home to burn off those calories!!
 |
| Kimchi fried rice |
 |
| Inside the posh Times Square (Notice Louis Vuitton and Tiffany and Co) |
 |
| Grilling ribs |
 |
| Used book store |
 |
| Only reading dogs allowed! :) |
 |
| Cake and drinks |
 |
| Inside the cute cake shop |
1. You used a good word--"posh"--in your Times Square photo caption. Some Milwaukee radio broadcasters were recently discussing that word. 2. How about that--a store named "Amy"! 3. A clever bookstore sign: only reading dogs allowed. Love, Ruth and Mike.
ReplyDelete