Monday, August 5, 2013

It's been a week since I left

This morning I checked out of my guesthouse and was able to leave my bags in the office so I didn't have to lug them around with me which was nice. It was pouring when I left. I found a Korean restaurant to have lunch-I had a kind of bulgogi stew and by the time I was done eating, the rain stopped. I walked around a little and was going to do some shopping when I realized that it would be more stuff for me to lug around so I decided I will wait til I get settled before I shop and buy anything. Then, I walked around looking for a cafe. I spent almost 30 minutes looking for the right one, and one that had wifi. I finally picked one that was 2nd story (which is what I wanted) and even better, I found a little alcove to sit in with a desk and outlet right next to it! It was absolutely perfect. As soon as I turned my computer on, I got a call from my Mom. Unfortunately I didn't have my headphones so we couldn't really talk, but we got to chat and have video which was nice. I got to see my little brown dog, who I miss very much.

I spent a long time at the cafe, and then I went to go pick up my bags. Then it was back off to Bohye's. I'll be there until Thursday morning when I leave for Jinju, which is Jenny's hometown. I'm excited to visit her home and meet her family.

Bohye and I had a dinner of some leftover pork, rice, and black beans. Then her parents picked us up and we went to E-Mart to buy groceries. They also wanted fried chicken (Koreans loooove chicken!) and so Bohye and I went to KFC to get chicken. I did a sneak attack and paid for the food before she had a chance to. We came home and her parents dropped us off and they went to church. Bohye and I ate chicken and worked on getting a bus ticket for me to Jinju. We also skyped briefly with my Mom.

Shout out to Michelle Shane! Happy 13th Birthday!! Love and miss you!
Bulgogi Lunch
How Koreans "bag" their groceries!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Your description of your cozy spot at the cafe was very appealing--a comforting thought if a person is having trouble falling asleep at night. 2.The "sneak attack" was nice. Is Bohye the pastor's daughter? Love, Ruth and Mike.

    ReplyDelete