Saturday, August 17, 2013

Last day of "Vacation"

I called it my last day of vacation because tomorrow is the start of the 8 day orientation and right after that I will start teaching. It's such a strange feeling knowing that I'll be working here and having more responsibilities than showing up for a class with homework done.

I had a slow start to my morning; showering, messaging people and trying to decide what I wanted to do. I figured since I went shopping yesterday I didn't need to go again. I've seen many museums already (as proven the day I met Hyunha and Seonhye) but even though it was hot, I decided I would go to a park.

The park I chose was in Jamsil, which is in a rather wealthy area, near the Olympic Campus/Park area. It was also near Lotte World--which is a hotel, shopping center and amusement park. Actually, the park I chose went around a lake that was an island that had part of Lotte World amusement park. Then I walked around Lotte World a bit. I decided I was so close to the Olympic Park I would go there too. Amanda and I visited there last year, but I figured I've seen many places more than once and since I'm down there might as well. When I was leaving to find the subway, I passed one area that was called "Rose Plaza" or something, but it was a beautiful rose garden.

Back at the guesthouse I packed and chatted with my friend Tae Yang from Denmark. He was traveling to Busan to visit his mother in the morning and leaving Korea next Sunday; since I won't be back to Seoul until Monday, I won't see him again.
Lotte World!
Ducks around the pond
Lotte World Amusement Park
The other side of the pond-was shaped like an 8
Inside Lotte world--top floor more amusement park rides; middle floor restaurants and shopping; bottom-ice skating rink and more restaurants
Olympic Park
Peace Flame--located in the middle of the structure in the above photo
I had to include this one--just a little kid driving his car
Interesting sculpture
In the rose garden
Rose

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful find!! Given that roses largely bloom only 2x a season, finding a rose garden in full bloom was a true gift of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't care to travel much, and much of the Cudahy population consists of older people. Thus, your colorful photos of amazing tourist sites and of your various young Korean friends are a great change of scene for us. Love, Aunt Ruth and Mike.

    ReplyDelete