We had yet another long bus ride day. The biggest event from this day was a mis-buy of ice cream. We stopped for lunch and I was craving ice cream. I got a cone from in the ice chest and bit into it. First bite was mostly chocolate, but I saw the ice cream color was kind of yellow. Next, Olivia said, "oh no, it says the flavor is durian!" as I was taking a bite and the horrible taste of durian filled my mouth. Durian is a tropical fruit that is known for its strong smell and taste. It is not delicious. About 4 or 5 of us unknowingly bought the durian ice cream and most of us tossed it after a few bites. One guy, Dan, said it wasn't so bad when he ate it with the chocolate coating. I asked him "what happens when you run out of chocolate??" He responded, "I don't know".
Finally we arrived to HCMC and again Bac warned us to be careful with our bags. We found HCMC to be another big and bustling city, more modern than Hanoi with sky scrapers and less motorbikes but they were still quite present. We were assigned our final rooms together and then we all met for a dinner. Olivia and I again shared a meal. After dinner I went with Brett, Dan, Adam, Ryan, Kate and Olivia to get a drink together. It was nice to have more one on one time with Dan and Adam as they usually were with Hass and Erin so we didn't know them too well. Adam is really funny and always joking around; both of them are very easy going guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment