Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Surprise Visitor and class

Work was nothing special. I did find out a few things that will affect me for next (school) year. My 6th grade COT will stay the same, my 4th grade COT will become my 5th grade COT (and teach one 6th grade class, like last time) and I will have a new 4th grade COT; she was the homeroom teacher of 6-6 (6th grade class). There will be a new 3rd grade teacher coming to the school as well, but she won't be my COT. Another thing is that I am being asked to go back up to the subject teachers office. I'm not too excited about moving and having to go to that office space. I really enjoy my office and it's quite comfortable; it's right next door to the English Room and I only share it with one other teacher. We don't have to pay for any of the extras that the subject teachers pay into (coffee, tea, water) and we can clean our office as we feel comfortable. I remember several occasions where I would be working and all of a sudden everyone got up and opened the windows and started moving stuff around to clean. Anyway, all that to say, I did request to stay and am waiting to hear back from the Principal.

The highlight of my day was a visit from 3 of my 6th grade students from last year. :) It was sweet of them to drop by, but they were doing their rounds of teacher visiting. I hope more come by! A little later in the afternoon the 3 returned with 2 other girls. We spoke in broken English and Korean together.

After work I stopped at the post office before heading downtown. I wanted to get a few gifts for people before class. I wanted to go to the bibimbap place for dinner, but they were closed for the upcoming holidays. Bummer. I ended up going to the kimbap shop that I've stopped at a few other times before and ordered a bibimbap there. It was pretty good, but I was craving the other one.

Class was a little bit rugged, but not too bad. I was expecting to take the level test, but I didn't have to take it. It was only for those students who were hoping to advance to the next level (Intermediate 3); I'm still finishing the textbook so it's part 2 of Intermediate 2. It was a relief not to take the test and it wouldn't have mattered because I know I wouldn't have passed. Just gives me more of a reason to study outside of class (which I did a little at work today!)

I was able to leave class a little bit early which was nice because I needed to get laundry done. The hard thing about not having a dryer is planning on doing laundry a few days in advance so everything is dry for packing!
Some cute 7th graders
Bibimbap and side dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment