Saturday, March 7, 2015

Garosugil/Sinsa/Apgujeong

This morning I skyped with Grandpa for a bit and then my Mom. It was good to finally chat with them after a few weeks.

I decided I would go somewhere new! I wanted to study my Korean in a cafe somewhere and picked the neighborhood Sinsa, with a famous street, Garosugil. I walked around there and found a cafe and bought a piece of carrot cake to go. I continued looking for a place that looked cozy to study. The weather was a bit warm and the sunshine felt so nice I enjoyed walking around stopping in different shops and cafes looking for the perfect spot. I finally picked one that had a kind of covered patio and got a tea and sat "outside" in the sun. I stayed and studied for a little over an hour. Then I looked up a place to have dinner. I found a pizza place called Ace and thought I'd give it a go.

I went in search of the restaurant and finally found it. Right below it was a burger place, so I had a few moments of indecision to pick what I wanted for dinner. The pizza won and I'm glad I chose it. There were several good sounding pizzas on the menu, but there was a build your own option for only 15,000W, with as many toppings as you wanted! I did that and put lots of veggies on my pizza. They baked the pizza in a brick oven and served it on a wooden paddle. It was really good! I didn't finish the whole thing and they gave me a container to take the rest home.

No comments:

Post a Comment