I woke in the middle of the night a few times with a lot of stomach pain. I couldn't sleep well even though I was exhausted. When it was time to wake up and come to school, it was so hard to get out of bed and go. I had considered calling my COTs and saying I couldn't come to work, but figured it would be okay since it was another planning day.
I got to school and just stared into my computer screen for about an hour before asking one COT if I could go to the nurses office to lay down. She took me down and explained how I was feeling to the nurse. My COT turned on the heated blanket for me and I slept for 2 hours. She woke me at lunch time and asked if I would eat. I was tempted to because she told me the menu was jap chae! But I didn't feel like eating though I knew I was hungry. I passed and just sat at my desk doing small prep work until the end of the day.
After work, I went to Hongdae to meet a new acquaintance. My friend Mike had a friend from Ann Arbor who was moving temporarily to Seoul to be with her parents. Her name is Michelle. She and I had made plans the day before to meet and I didn't want to cancel at the last minute and for the first meeting. So, we met at the station and I suggested a few places to try. We agreed Shabu Shabu (a kind of soup) sounded the best as it was cool and rainy. It was nice to meet someone new and we had fun chatting. We went to get bingsu for dessert. We shared a strawberry one and it was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment