Work was pretty easy-I had two classes and the other two my one COT told me I didn't need to come because she was just doing an introduction/orientation class. It was nice to have that time off.
In the evening I came home and had a little bit of down time before heading to Mangwon. I decided I would walk there since I didn't do any running during the week and it wasn't too far. The only problem was I got lost and went way too far down the street and had to backtrack a bit. I wasn't exactly late to the cooking class, but I wasn't there as early as I had wanted. Chef D asked for burners and I volunteered mine, but he didn't want to use it because it wasn't gas. Anyway, the cooking studio space was quite small and there were around 30 people.
First things first we made corn tortilla dough. He had already measured everything out, we just added water and kneaded it. Then we made jalapeno poppers, stuffing the jalapenos with cream cheese and wrapping with bacon. While those cooked, he showed us how he made his jalapeno jelly, guacamole and salsa. The poppers were finished cooking and we sampled them-spicy but so delicious! Next we took or tortilla dough and pressed them using a tortilla press. We also fried/cooked the tortillas. Then it was time to clean up and Chef D cooked the meat he had marinated. There was chicken and pork to fill our tortillas with and we had tiny tacos with salsa and his guacamole and special chili sauce. Yum! Then we also had nachos with a cheese sauce he made. He topped the nachos with a pork and kimchi mix, cheese, salsa and sauce. They were delicious. Finally, we had habenero brownies with avocado ice cream. The brownies were spicy but the ice cream helped cool it off. All in all, it was a delicious night!
No comments:
Post a Comment