I met five of my eight 6th grade classes today. I had most of these students as 5th graders last year. I was a bit apprehensive because as 5th graders they were quite wild. I know it was only the first day of class with them, but already they did seem a bit better. I think the way they were split into different homerooms this year was very well done. I think they will do a great job this year.
After work I met Michelle again for dinner. This time we went to Yeoido to meet. Originally I was going to take the bus route that goes to the island but takes about an hour. Instead I realized I could take one bus to a subway line that goes straight there. I tried it out and made it in half the time I predicted. I arrived early so I went to the IFC mall and just window shopped before meeting Michelle. Yesterday the weather was really nice-I played soccer in shorts. Today was COLD and WINDY! (Though I believe it was extra windy because we were on an island) We walked to Chalsu Kimbap, a kind of famous kimbap shop. The meat is stone grilled (so smokey and flavorful) and it's much bigger than a normal kimbap roll. We each got our own roll of kimbap and shared ddeokboki, rice cake dumplings in a spicy sauce. After dinner we went in search of a cafe. We found an Audrey Hepburn themed cafe and tried it out. There were tons of photographs of Audrey all over the cafe and they were playing Breakfast at Tiffany's (without sound) in one corner. Beyond that, there wasn't anything to do with Audrey. It was fun all the same. We had a good time talking and after awhile each headed home. I took a bus so I didn't have to walk as far outside when I reached my stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment