I was finally able to get to church after a few weeks of being gone. It was good to be back again.
After mass I went to Battered Sole, a British gastro pub I had heard about that recently started offering a brunch menu. I ordered a bacon breakfast sandwich and wasn't sure what to expect when they said homemade bacon. I was picturing typical American style bacon...but this was bacon x10! It was thicker than thick cut bacon from home-it was the most intense bacon I've ever seen! Anyway, it was served on a bagel with cream cheese and a side salad and hash brown patties. As a promotion they offered a free cocktail as well, so I tried the mango hard iced tea.
I went to Sugar Daddy's to get a slice of cheesecake for an experiment and then headed home. The weather was absolutely beautiful. I headed to soccer a little bit early just to be outside and enjoy the sunshine. Soccer was great. This week the high school boys didn't come so we played 5 on 5 for the full 2 hours. I had 5 or 6 goals and did pretty good on defense as well. I felt so good playing, but my legs were a little bit sore. At the end, Eirik asked me how many goals I had because he said he lost count after 6. I don't think it was that many but...it still felt great.
No comments:
Post a Comment