This morning I skyped with my mom and Grandpa. It was good to talk with both of them together. Toby also made a small appearance.
After talking with them, I decided I'd go for a short run. The weather wasn't too cold and it was sunny. I felt like I needed to get some exercise in since I hadn't run in a long time! It was a nice run and lots of people were out walking along the stream.
I got home and made a plan to go to Itaewon before meeting Michelle for dinner. I would get a tea and possibly sit by the Han River outside for a little bit. I started getting ready when I got a message from Liduvina asking if I had time to talk. It was around 1:30 so I figured I had plenty of time. She and Joel had just bought their tickets to Korea! She wanted to ask about how to get to my place from the airport and get some ideas of what to do while they are here. We talked through some ideas and she suggested seeing another city. I decided Busan would probably be the most fun so we will go there for a few days. We also did a lot of other catching up-we send messages here and there, but this was the first time we had a proper chat in a long time! We were talking and talking and talking...when I realized we had been talking for almost 2 1/2 hours! We were starting to say goodbyes when Joel came home and he wanted to ask a few questions as well. So in total, we talked for 3 hours! I had to cut it short because I was running late to meet Michelle.
I rushed to get to Itaewon and was about 20 minutes late. I met Michelle in a coffee shop near the subway station and we walked to Craftworks for dinner. I had seen a promotion if you showed them their ad, they'd give you their beer paddle sampler for free! We ordered sandwiches and got our free beer paddle sampler. I got the buffalo chicken sandwich and it was really delicious! We remembered that today was Pi day and I tried to think of somewhere we could get pie. Of course Sugar Daddy's came to mind, but their apple pie is not the best of their desserts and not a good introduction for someone new there. (It's possible just because my mom makes amazing pie crust nothing else can compare) Instead we went to a place called Sweet East and got a strawberry funnel cake. It was served with a small dish of whipped cream and ice cream. YUM!
After our dessert, we went to a meetup group for foreigners and Koreans alike. It was held at a kind of bar/club. Michelle and I met a Korean American, Ken and a Korean, Joon. Then our goal was to mingle and try to meet a bunch of different people. At one point Ken sat down and we said that sitting kind of defeats the purpose of mingling so we went in search of other groups to meet. After awhile, we checked back in with Ken and he said he was thinking of going to Hongdae instead. We decided we'd move there with him and told Joon. He joined us as well and we took the subway to Hongdae. Joon left us to meet up with some of his friends and the three of us went to the Playground to sit outside. There weren't too many people at the Playground and I guessed it was because everyone was actually in Itaewon at all of the foreign bars and restaurants to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day. We went to Monster Pizza to get a slice of pizza-it was pretty delicious. Can't go wrong with a slice of pizza! We called it a night shortly after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment