Friday, December 26, 2014

A Canyoning I go

I was picked up to go on the canyoning trip and we stopped at another resort to get a couple from Australia. They were nice and I enjoyed talking and meeting them. We stopped to grab one other staff member and pick up some snacks for the trip before heading to the spot to go canyoning.
Fried rice for breakfast
Hammocks on the resort
So many pretty flowers around
On the porch of my hut, waiting to be picked up
We started with a jump into the water off of a waterfall about 10 feet? (I'm really bad at judging heights) It was exhilarating! The canyoning adventure was mostly floating down the river with a total of about 7 jumps (some we could do more than once) and also a little bit of exploring in caves/caverns along the river. It was a lot of fun and I think I would try it again. The water was so clear and blue and the scenery was just as great-tall rocky walls surrounded us as well as trees and lots of brush. We ended the canyoning adventure at Kawasan Falls and walked a bit to get out of the park area. We changed and had lunch by the beach. Lunch was spring rolls, a stir-fry with lots of veggies and chicken, and rice. The best part of the trip was that one of the guides along on the trip took pictures of us as we canyoned. I asked to be dropped off in town rather than at my resort.
I just jumped off of that! First one!
Being briefed about how to go down the waterfall
So much fun!
On the log and a jump in!
Last big jump!
At the end of the canyoning adventure
 I went to go sit on the beach before getting dinner. Curious, I wanted to check my wallet and I was horrified to realize that 1000Php (about $22) was missing. Luckily I had put aside a 500 bill in my passport so I didn't overspend and had enough money to get back to Cebu City. This was a lifesaver otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get dinner or a motorcycle back. With a heavy heart I went to dinner and was not able to go all out on my last meal as I needed to conserve my cash for the ride to my lodging. I ordered chicken adobo which was a mildly spicy chicken dish with other veggies and sauce. Then I took a ride back to my place and sent an email to the tour group. Unfortunately nothing could be done, but the owner did offer me a free program. So, I have mixed feelings about how to recommend this company. I know another customer couldn't have stolen it because they were with me when the bag was alone and then my bag was with me. The guides were friendly and helpful and helped make the canyoning adventure a lot of fun. I liked that they took pictures and the owner was kind in doing some digging into the issue and offering me a free program. But, I still had money stolen. I know it is just as much my fault as anyone else's and it's a really good lesson to learn from. I'm thankful my passport was still there and nothing else taken.
Enjoying the weather (pre discovering my missing money :( boo)
Pretty
Christmas 2014: Moalboal Cebu
Pretty sky
Chicken Adobo for my last meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment