Sunday, January 4, 2015

Avenue of Stars and Return to Seoul

This morning Mike and I got ready, checked out and headed across the harbor. We looked for a restaurant to have brunch at but kind of failed. Instead we went straight to the Avenue of Stars and walked along the harbor. The weather was really nice-mid 60s so much warmer than what we had the previous days. After taking a stroll and looking at hand prints of famous actors and actresses on the ground, we looked up a place to have our last meal. We found another dimsum place in a hotel and decided we'd check it out. It looked quite fancy but wasn't really out of our budget. We ordered a noodle soup, a "pancake" that was kind of like a baked pastry with onion, 2 or 3 dumplings and 2 kinds of dessert-egg tarts and mango pudding. Everything was great!
Getting ready in the hostel
Beautiful day in Hong Kong
Avenue of Stars
Jackie Chan's handprints

The harbor behind me
In our fancy hotel/restaurant
Last meal!
Yummy pudding and egg tarts for dessert
After lunch we walked a bit to find the bus stop that had a bus to take us to the airport. Once we got on the bus it was about an hour ride there. In the airport we returned our transportation cards to get the deposit AND was able to receive the remaining balance on them which was really cool I thought.
Walking to our bus
Check-in and security didn't set us back too much for time, but our gate was a realllly long walk, though I just think the Hong Kong airport is relatively large. We settled our accounts and then it was time to board the plane. I watched the end of "Begin Again" and got to see everything but the last 10 minutes of a movie called "I Origins". It was a bit slow but I did want to see the ending and outcome. Bummer. We were served a decent meal on the plane, but the best part was the Hagen Daz ice cream!
Shortly after take off
Dinner, complete with haagen dazs!
When we landed there was a mad rush to get on the shuttle train and lots of shoving to go up the escalators. Mike and I were commenting "welcome back to Korea" and such and another American started talking with us about the pushing etc. At the customs line, we picked the Korean line instead of foreigner line just because we figured the Korean line would move faster. We had to wait a bit for Mike's bag to show up off the baggage carousel and then we were greeted by his Korean Mom. She was so cute! We walked around a bit while they were trying to remember where exactly they had parked the car and to locate the lot. It was about an hour drive back to Seoul and I was really grateful they drove me home since it was nearing midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment