Thursday, January 29, 2015

Daddy-o's 60th

Today would have been Dad's 60th birthday. It's hard to imagine him at 60 now. I still think about him every day and miss him so much.

All this talk about leaving Korea...last night I had another dream about leaving Korea. That's 2 in 3 weeks! I'd better just put it out of my head and focus on the present and enjoy each moment.

I enjoyed seeing my 4th graders today too. They are so cute and all want to try English. I wish they could keep that excitement and courage as they got older.

After work I headed home to go for my biweekly run. I was feeling a bit tired so I did a rather slow run this time. It was colder today and I think that had something to do with it. The extra layers (compared to Monday) made me feel heavier too.

Since it was Daddy-o's birthday, I decided to make some of the ravioli to honor him. My Mom made a cherry pie back home and I wished I could have had some of that! Instead I baked a few of my cookies. I think any dessert would do, as my Dad loved all sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment