They were all so surprised with breakfast and I felt happy to treat them. We hung out for a little bit more and then it was time for me to head out for my next appointment. They walked me to the bus and after a 40 minute ride I arrived back at Dongdaegu Station. I waited a few minutes and then met Bumsik. We went for a short walk to a restaurant he had in mind for lunch. It was right next to the hospital he works at, so it was nice to see where he works. We ordered a kind of soup dish and also got tons of sides-noodles, steamed pork, and some spicy root vegetables. After lunch we went in search of a coffee shop. It was funny because all the ones he knew were closed. We finally found one that looked open but when we walked in the ajuma scowled at us and said that we were too young to be in her shop. Um, okay then! We finally found one that was open and ordered some drinks and chatted. I always enjoy talking with him-he has a very open, bright and optimistic outlook. He always looks for the good and tries to be happy with his situation even though it's not ideal all the time.
He walked me back to the train station and down to the tracks. We said our goodbyes and I promised to return in March. It seems so far away, but with all the traveling I'll be doing I'm sure it will go fast. It's hard to believe time sometimes.
Back on the train headed towards Seoul, I slept for almost the whole time. It was about 2 hours. Once in Seoul, I collected my soccer stuff-I had put it in a locker in the subway station and was surprised to see an extra charge for taking out my stuff. It cost 10,000W for a day and a half! Oh well, it was definitely worth it storing it there-I would have hated lugging it around Busan and Daegu. I hopped the subway and headed to World Cup. I arrived a few minutes late and ran into Jon on the way. He hasn't been there since October or so; he said it was because it's been so cold and today was warmer, but I didn't think it was that much warmer. Anyway, we only met Stefano and 5 high school boys at the pitch. I think John is still in Hawaii and I'm not sure where anyone else was. Stefano being Mr. Friendly went and found 2 other people to join us to play. We had to borrow 3 different sets of people to play with us during the whole 2 hours. It felt good to be back at soccer, but I was rusty and slow. After soccer, Stefano and I walked and talked back to the subway station. He asked me about traveling to different countries and I gave him some advice.
![]() |
| Bumsik and me |

No comments:
Post a Comment