Saturday, January 17, 2015

Exploring Chiang Mai

My first full day in Chiang Mai! I got up for breakfast and it was decent. I did so much walking! I just wandered and decided where to go by what looked interesting to me. I stumbled upon at least 10, if not more, temples and stopped briefly in most of them. For lunch I went to a cafe restaurant and sat outside. I ordered pad thai and egg rolls. It was delicious and so filling I was stuffed! After lunch I continued my wandering and came across a street food vendor. I'm not sure what he was making but it smelled really delicious. It was like a sweet fried dough stuffed with maybe mango or sweet potato filling. It was pretty delicious.
First of many temples for the day
Another temple

I liked this one with 4 elephants on each corner
Reclining Buddha 
The snacks that smelled so good!
Some pretty lanterns in a temple
A delicious and cheap lunch!
I kept walking and found a museum. When I entered they said the cost for one or I could do 3 museums. As they were all next to each other I decided why not?! So I walked through the 3 museums. It was a lot of information and I'm not sure how much information sunk in and stuck with me unfortunately. There was one more temple I had wanted to get to so after the museums I made my way there. Then, I wanted to see the Saturday Night Market. I got there and it was pretty crowded-vendors lined the sides of the street and musicians (most of them were handicapped) sat in the middle of the street playing or singing. I tried a few other street food dishes (and wasn't too impressed) and picked up a few souvenirs.
Making friends
In the museum
Famous statue inf front of museum
Another favorite temple
Street market
Sticky rice--just ok

No comments:

Post a Comment