Nothing too exciting today. I spent a lot of time doing research and trying to square away plans for my trip in a few weeks as well as last minute details for Thailand. I ended up going to a few of the big bookstores downtown to look at their Lonely Planet tour guide books to write down some information. I had kimbap for dinner-who knew something so simple could win my heart so easily. I still remember the first time trying it. It was in 2000 when my Mom and I came to Korea with the Ties Program. We were at an orphanage or some kind of function and we were served it. I remember sitting on the floor with the short table looking at the rolls wondering what in the world it was and not liking the taste or texture. I peeled the rice away from the seaweed, not liking the seaweed at all and picking out the tiny strips of carrot and cucumber avoiding the yellow sweet and sour radish, fish cake, imitation crab and unrecognizable brown long stringy vegetable/roots. Of course today I still don't like the fishcake or crab and will poke it out if I get it, but the rest...I could eat kimbap every day.
After my kimbap dinner I headed to class. Class was nothing special. I still struggle and feel embarrassed a lot, but I'm glad it forces me to practice it in some capacity once a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment