Thursday, January 8, 2015

Finally Unni and Jaebin

Today was my last day of teaching the 5th graders. Tomorrow we're going to see a movie and next week I take on the 3rd and 4th graders. Anyway, after work, I went to meet my unni finally. It's almost been a year since I've seen her! It was great catching up with her and seeing Jaebin again. When I arrived, she was finishing teaching her art class. There were 3 kiddos there and when she returned from dropping them off downstairs to their parents, she returned with a baseball hat for Jaebin. One of the boys' dad is a manager for a baseball team in Seoul and he used to be a player; his number is retired now, so he must have been good! Jaebin was so excited to get the hat, complete with a signature on it.

We chatted about a lot of stuff. Jaebin will be going to the US next week and stay there for a month and attend a school in LA. Hwa Sun will join for a week before returning to Korea. In February they will move to a new apartment; it's in the same complex so it's not too big of a move, but a lot for her to prepare. She also made a snack for Jaebin and me. She cooked some tuna with onion and hot pepper sauce.

She and Jaebin had to meet a family member in the evening, so we said our goodbyes and I headed home. More trip hunting and feeling overwhelmed!
Jaebin using the nerf gun I got him for Christmas
Little dude in his new hat

No comments:

Post a Comment