Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Middle of the Week!

Work wasn't too bad. I forgot about how sweet my 4th graders are, but I was surprised to see how much bigger some of them looked in just one month! I talked about my travels a little bit with my 4th grade COT.

After work I stopped at the post office and then headed downtown. I can't really say I explored, but I did wander around a little bit before stopping at a kimbap shop to get dinner. I keep thinking about how it's almost February and half of February I won't even be in Korea...and that means it's almost only 6 months left here in Korea! It seems surreal to think about my time ending here. Part of me is thrilled at returning to the US and being back in the comfort of home with friends and family there, but part of me is sad thinking about this chapter ending, and knowing I {most likely} will never have an experience like this again-to live in Korea. Anyway, all that to say I wasn't sure what to eat for dinner, but thought about what foods I would really miss and kimbap was on top of the list. I also got hoddeok (the sweet fried stuffed pancake) as a nice treat.

Class was okay. I really don't know how much gets through to me, but like I said, at least I'm getting some Korean once a week. I keep telling myself I should be speaking more and trying more. This teacher doesn't give us a specific break, but we usually finish a few minutes early instead. I like this more and I was able to get home a little bit earlier than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment