Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cooking Class

My first class watched a movie, so it was pretty easy. I was a bit uncomfortable because I believe it was a rated R movie (though my COT tells me that R rated is a bit different in Korea and other schools played this movie). There was violence and a lot of swearing. The next 3 classes we had our last writing lesson for the year. And the final class also watched a movie.

After school I relaxed at home and then went with Jacob to a GOA'L cooking class at Hoya Cooks Studio in Hapjeong. We cooked chicken terriyaki and a spicy beef soup. First the instructor showed us how to do everything and we sampled it. Then, it was our turn. There weren't enough stations set up, so Jacob and I cooked together. It turned out pretty good. Okay, the sauce was delicious! It was a lot of fun, so I might return for more classes next year when they start up again.

When we finished cleaning up at Hoya's, we went to the Homeplus. I was looking for colored sugars so I can decorate Christmas cookies and a rolling pin. Well the rolling pin was almost $9, so I found another kitchen tool that will do the trick and was a third of the price. Couldn't find colored sugar so I decided I would make a frosting instead. Then...I remembered that I can't have milk, and if I only need a few tablespoons for the frosting, it would be kind of a waste, so I looked up some recipes and figured I could do a cream cheese frosting.

The one Terrible Tuesday thing that happened today is that I lost one of my T-Money (subway) cards. It fell out of my pocket. I was pretty bummed because I had just put money on it and I received it in 2009; it was my first subway card. I just hope that the person who finds it really needs the subway card and is able to use it.
Cooking!!
Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment