Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Day of 2013!

Another day in the office til 12. I didn't get a lot of planning done, but I worked on making BINGO cards and that took a long time! At least I think I will be able to use it with both of my grade levels for camp.

After school I came home and relaxed. I debating going to get my haircut/fixed from the cut a few weeks ago. So, I went to Hongdae a little bit early (I was meeting Krystle and her friends there later) to look at some hair salons. I found a few, but it just seems like a bit much to pay for a second haircut, so I'll try and give it a few more weeks before I do anything again. Then I walked around Hongdae and window shopped a bit before meeting up with the group.

It turned out to be quite a large group, maybe 16 of us in total. So, Krystle's friend from back home, Tina came to Korea over a year ago. She and the other English teachers in her in-take became quite close and actually almost everyone (except for 5?) renewed their contracts! (That is out of around 150 I think) So we were with Tina's friends and, small world, I randomly knew one person in that group. Last year at the Lions Club Picnic in Chicago I met one adoptee named Adam briefly. Turns out he is part of the group that is close with Tina so I got to kind of reintroduce myself to him. We were trying to figure out where to go for dinner with such a large group and they decided on an Indian place around the corner.

After dinner went to Norebang (karaoke) and then I decided to head home. They were going to be heading out to a club and I just wasn't feeling it. I got home and skyped with Jacob to ring in the New Year.
What a big group!

No comments:

Post a Comment