Again, we took a taxi to the airport. We got there and got through
everything no problem. Our flight was at 3:40 so I figured there was
something a little bit wrong when it was around 3:25 and we weren't even
queuing to get ON the plane. I watched some people go and talk to the
airline people-lots of arm waving going on. Finally Krystle decided
she'd go and ask about what was going on too because she had a
connecting flight to make (we had different connecting flights). She
found out, according to them our plane hadn't arrived yet (although I
could see a plane sitting outside the window...) and they thought maybe
it would arrive around 5:30 at the latest. So, we hunkered down a bit
more and waited. Around 4:30 they made an announcement that we were able
to finally board. We weren't sitting by each other and we figured we'd
just stick to our regular seats; everyone would probably be crabby and
exhausted and wouldn't want to deal with moving to a different seat. I
slept for most of the flight. We landed in Shanghai and I waited about
45 minutes in a line to get checked to go through for transfer flights.
Then through security again and then I had about 2 hours to burn on my
own.
It was finally time to board, but I didn't board
directly, we took a shuttle bus to our airplane. I was exhausted and
just ready to be home, but the day and the journey dragged on and on.
The flight from Shanghai to Seoul was only about an hour and a half.
Again, I had to take the shuttle tram to get to the regular terminal.
More walking and through customs and THEN the airport railroad express
to the subway line that connects to mine, a transfer and 3 stops to get
to my station...and finally a 6 minute walk out in the cold! Whew. I got
home and unpacked and settled in. What a loooong day!!
 |
| A cute sign at the airport; 30 seconds to get to Gate 1!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment