Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hair Cut and GOA'L Christmas Party

I skyped with my mom and then later my Grandpa. I told them to take a good look at my hair because I was going to get my hair cut later in the afternoon. It was good talking with both of them.

After talking with them, I got ready and went to Hapjeong. I met Jacob and we had lunch at an Italian restaurant in the Mecentapolis Mall. Then, I was off to get my hair cut. I was a bit nervous~it's been awhile since I've gotten a lot cut off. I had to wait a few minutes and then talk with someone about what I wanted. It was really difficult because they didn't speak any English and my Korean wasn't good enough to fully convey what I wanted. I sat down and she started cutting. It turned out okay--I'm not 100% in love with it, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I also got side bangs. 

When my hair cut was finished, I went to go to Kaokao, a bar/restaurant where the GOA'L Christmas party was being held. I joined the party planning committee back in October while I was on the canoeing trip. I felt really bad though because I could never make any of the meetings (if not on a weekend when I was gone, during the afternoon while I was at work) and didn't do much to contribute. Anyway, I arrived and tried to help set up, but again, I feel like I didn't do much~they had already been at the venue for a little bit of time and everything was mostly in order. 

The doors opened at 5, and a few people trickled in. Melissa, another mentor and her husband arrived and when they realized dinner wasn't being served until 7, decided they'd take off and then come back. (Well, the actually never came back...) Jacob arrived and we sat with one guy, John, who plays soccer with us occasionally and his girlfriend, Madeline. John's twin, and Jacob's roommate, Sam arrived a little bit later and also sat with us. And John, our soccer captain sat with us too--we joked that we were really honored because John is acting leader of GOA'L right now. So we had the man of the hour with us. The food was okay~nothing too extraordinary. They had a raffle, and split up the drawings 2 or 3 different times. I didn't win anything. They also had a bboy group perform. The highlight of the entertainment was the taekwondo-bboy group that went to break a board...the pieces of wood went flying and some of it hit the display of glass bottles above the bar....which knocked them down; probably a good 20 bottles or so. Of course the show went on and they acted like it didn't even happen! The owner of the place was very angry about it though.
Jacob and me at the GOA'L party

No comments:

Post a Comment