Saturday, July 12, 2014

GOAL Fundraiser Poker Tournament

This morning Jacob came over so we could skype with my Mom. It was good to chat with her for a little bit. After skyping we headed to Itaewon to get lunch. We went back to Chili King; after discovering a few other places in Itaewon we haven't been to Chili King in awhile. Jacob got a chicken sandwich and I got a Philly Cheesesteak. After lunch we went over to Bull and Barrel, where the GOAL event was being held to help set up. The owner wasn't there yet, so a few of us waited outside until he came to move the tables around.

Once more people got in and the poker players arrived, they realized they had more players than anticipated and needed to make another table and needed another dealer. Someone asked me, "can you shuffle cards?" I said, "yes I can shuffle cards." He said, "great, you can be our dealer." So, I became the 3rd table's dealer. At first I was nervous and I didn't really remember the poker rules and everything, but after a few rounds I settled in. Once more players got knocked out, they combined it down to two tables so I was relieved of my dealer duties. I then got to hang out with Jacob and Mark who arrived while I was dealing. We haven't seen Mark in awhile-I did bump into him two or three times in Hongdae but we didn't talk long. It was good to see him. Jacob told me he invited Mark to have dinner with us since Suzie was with her family and Mark didn't have other plans. The poker tournament finally ended and the winner was a guy from my table! As we were leaving, Jacob asked Devin (another GOAL mentor) and one of the volunteers to join us for dinner too.

First we were going to go to Taco Amigo, our new favorite Mexican place, but there was a bit of a wait. We decided we'd try Left Coast which is just a few doors down. They also had a wait, but everyone agreed since we were already there, we'd just stay. It was a fun evening. After dinner everyone went their separate ways.
Jacob with his chicken sandwich
Good Philly Cheesesteak

No comments:

Post a Comment