Another easy day-my one 4th grade class played vocabulary uno. Though it took them awhile to make the cards, they enjoyed playing the game. I had 2 periods off and my final class finished a movie they had been watching.
As Sophie and I were about to leave, one teacher came in and gave us a cup of homemade green tea bingsu. I guess an after school class or maybe she did, made it. So we sat and ate some of it for a little and then I told her I had to get going to make it to meet my friend.
Krystle and I met up and we looked at cakes since she wanted to get one for her teachers as a thank you on her last working day at her school. Then we went to Gustos for dinner. I got nachos-always yum. She and I had a looong talk. One of her friends here had a mental breakdown and his parents had to come and get him to take him back to the US. She and her other friends did a lot of him in taking care of him before his parents arrived and preparing for his return to the US as well. I felt bad for her because it was very emotionally draining and stressful for her.
After dinner, we walked around Hongdae a bit and did some window shopping. Finally, we went to the new Samsung store and walked around in there. We looked at phones and had fun looking at the refrigerators. It reminded me of a time when my Dad and I went to Best Buy and he showed me different things about the refrigerators.
Later, Krystle told me that she had a good time together and it was the first time in a month she was able to not dwell on the situation with her friend and have fun. I was glad that I was able to provide an outlet for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment