This morning Jacob stopped by so he could skype with my Grandpa with me. It was good talking with him. Jacob had to leave and tutor not too far from me. I continued talking with my Grandpa and when we finished I headed out to meet Jacob. We walked to Hongdae and went to Oodle Noodle for lunch. It's been awhile since I've been there and I finally branched out and tried something new there! I got some Japanese noodles and it was pretty good. I do love the Pad Thai there though.
After lunch Jacob wanted to go to Sinchon to look at soccer shoes, so we started walking there and I took a back-way. All of a sudden we ran into one of Jacob's family friends, Eun Mee. She is good friends with Jacob's mom--she and her family used to live in North Carolina and she helped at their Korean Culture camp. She was with her daughter and a young woman from Seattle. The young woman had just finished a Korean language program in Chuncheon, the same one Jacob did last summer. Eun Mee invited us to get some pat bingsoo (the shaved ice) and we chatted for a bit before going our separate ways. It was pretty wild to run into them though.
We continued on to Sinchon and Jacob found a pair of soccer shoes he was happy with. Then we stopped by his place to get his soccer clothes. And we came back to Yonsei University. We were meeting his good friend Min Jin and her 8 year old nephew. Her nephew, Ayden was visiting from Hong Kong and she wanted him to get some exercise and play soccer with Jacob. He was an interesting character! Very loud, opinionated and didn't listen to directions well. We ended up staying at the fields for 2 hours, though not playing the whole time. After playing, we walked (much to Ayden's chagrin) back to Yeonhuidong (Jacob's neighborhood) for some Koreanized Chinese food, which is what Ayden wanted. We ordered jajjangmyeong (black bean sauce and noodles), sweet and sour pork, and Ayden got jjambong (a spicy seafood noodle soup). Min Jin invited one of her friends to dinner as well and he joined us a little bit later. After dinner, we went to Peter Pan, the bakery and got some bread. It was delicious. We said goodbyes and headed our separate ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment