Friday, July 25, 2014

Last Day of the Semester! I finished a year of English Teaching!!

Wow--I can't believe the semester is over. I can't believe I've finished a year of teaching English here in Korea. It doesn't seem quite "over" to me, since I'll be staying on one more year.

At work, we only had a half day and teachers were dismissed at 12:30. I had an easy morning and did a little work preparing for next semester. I also made sure everything was ready for my first day of summer camp. Unfortunately, I have to stay at school until 2pm, even though the kids leave camp at 12:20. During Winter Camp we were able to leave at 12:20 with the kids so I'm definitely bummed about that. The only good thing is that I will have time to prepare and finish anything I need during that time and not have to do it outside of work then.

I had tried to set up meetings with my old COT (but she was meeting her boyfriend and couldn't) and an old friend, Katie (she's on vacation in Thailand) for either a late lunch or coffee. Instead, I came home and had some leftovers. I then took a stroll to Hapjeong. Then I went to Starbucks to study Korean. I waited there until Jacob finished work. We went to this artsy store and I got a cellphone case. I love it a lot! It's green and has a leafy design on it. Then we came back to my place to use up the lettuce and chicken I had. I made a chicken fajita salad, with black beans, corn, onion, bell pepper and seasoned the chicken. As a dressing, I finished up the salsa, but there wasn't quite enough to make it really saucy.

After dinner, we watched some of The Office before Jacob headed home. I had an early morning rise so he didn't stay too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment