Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Baking Day ^^

School went okay. I had promised my co-teachers I would bring in my peach dessert so I felt a little bad that I didn't have anything. While trying to explain how my toaster oven didn't work, my co-teacher kept interrupting me saying "I know, I know". I was wondering how she knew about my story before telling it... Anyway, she said she didn't tell the other teachers in our office so it was okay that I didn't bring anything.

After school I went back to the Homeplus and met Kwangmin there. We had a service person try it out and then I got nervous--what if she could make it work?! Then I would feel so silly! But, luckily (unluckily?) she couldn't get it to work either. The only other one they had was the toaster oven on display. I decided I wanted the oven bad enough so I would take the display one. I was thinking to ask Kwangmin to ask the clerk if I could keep the new pieces from my oven (oven mitt and trays) and then the clerk started switching them for me! So nice. We did the exchange and then also looked for chocolate chips (soooooo expensive!!!! around $6 for a bag--but I found a bag of mini chips and a smaller bag for around $1.75) and pudding mix.

Then we went for dinner. Once we had passed a restaurant that showed really, really cheap prices. So, we went there. It was good and the portions were really huge too! After dinner, we came back to my place and I took my raw peach cobbler out of the fridge and into the oven. About 40-45 minutes later, we had hot peach cobbler!

And a very Happy Birthday to my big Bro! :)
Mmmm
Peach cobbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment