Thursday, October 17, 2013

Favorite Day of the Work Week

Thursdays remain one of my favorite workweek days. I love seeing my 5th graders and I only have 4 classes. Today we did a pop song. I asked them to listen for words they heard in a song. I counted how many words each class remembered and so they felt a big "competition" between them and the other classes--it was a good motivator for them to remember more words!

In the evening I went to Hongdae and met Jacob and another adoptee, Maree. She and I had been in brief contact earlier in the summer but never had a chance to meet up. Jacob is friends with Maree so we decided we'd meet up the 3 of us. We had dinner at Burger Joint, which apparently is part of a chain/restaurant in New York that is popular/famous. It was pretty good, but a lot of food so I was quite full. We chatted for awhile and then walked Maree back towards the subway. Jacob and I did some shopping and walked to Hapjeong to get some ice cream.

Also, finally snapped a picture of my new running shoes! 
Dinner--fries in the bag!
New Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment