Friday! My long day, but it wasn't so bad. I taught a pop song to my 6th graders, so my last 3 classes were pretty easy. They enjoyed the song, so that was good. The last class of the day was a bit rough--they were so antsy. I asked them to hang in there with me and told them we were playing a game and learning a song, but they were still off task and didn't listen well.
After school I was going to quick whip up a batch of cookies, but then I realized I didn't have a beater and my butter was too hard. I went to Emart to see if they had a beater--there was only one and I thought I would just wait and price shop a little before getting that one.
Then, I went on my way to Hongdae to meet my friend Colin. He and I participated in the Inje program in 2011. He's from Vancouver, Canada and is currently studying a semester exchange at Yonsei University. I met him during the IKAA Gathering conference back in August, but haven't seen him since. I'm glad we were able to hang out and am going to make it a point to spend some more time with him while he's here for the rest of his semester. Most of the students in his program are 18-20 and he's 27 so he can't really relate to his classmates. Well, we met up and went to BBQ. Colin suggested a place that grilled the meat on hot stone pebbles instead of a regular grill! We had to wait about 20 minutes to place our order and then they told us we couldn't cook the meat
we chose on the grill, only beef (which was $6/order more) but other
people were cooking pork on the pebbles. So, we waited another 5-10 minutes before they took our new order. Then we waited 15-20 minutes to get our meat. It was good and kind of cool to cook it on that, but I don't think I would go back because of the service.
After dinner, Kwangmin met us and we first went back to one of the stores I bought a shirt from. I wanted to return it, but because it was on sale they wouldn't let me return it. I could exchange it for another shirt of the same or higher price. So, I found another shirt I liked and then had to pay a little bit more. Then we went in search of a place to have drinks. We found a real modern/contemporary looking place and had a nice time chatting.
A Happy Birthday to my 4-legged baby, Toby!
No comments:
Post a Comment