Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tacos, soccer and church

I met Jacob for lunch near Hongdae. We went to a Mexican restaurant—I had a burrito and it was pretty darn good. We walked around a bit and tried to decide what to do. I brought all of my soccer stuff along because I didn’t know what our plan was—I had been thinking I’d just walk to the stadium again after we had lunch. But, we hung out and ended up going back to his guesthouse for a little before soccer.

There were so many people at soccer—we had 14 people I think. There were a lot of returnees there this week. Some of them I hadn’t seen before or some I had met awhile ago and hadn’t seen since I’ve been back. It’s a bit harder to play when there are over 12. The space gets a bit cramped and its harder to play-everyone is clustered together.

I left early again to head to church. Before soccer started, one of the guys, Andy asked me if I was coming weekly now. I said yes. He also asked if me leaving early was weekly as well. I also answered yes and told him I go to church at Sogang at 7:30. He lives near Sogang so he actually gave me a tip about getting there a little bit easier and with less walking. It was so helpful because I was actually a little early for church and had time to change into regular clothes and make it into the church before mass started. The Korean priest had mass, but the Indian priest gave the homily. It was really good—about being thankful and making sure we say thank you and really mean it.

On the way home, I stopped in Hongdae and went to Issac's for toast with Kwangmin again. We walked to Hapjeong Station and I came home.
Mmm burrito
Hungry for a burrito!
Jacob wanted to play photographer--and wanted me to wear his sunglasses
Jacob's reflection in his sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment