Monday, October 14, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving

Kids were okay today. Nothing too special happened at school.

At my housewarming party, Tim had mentioned a get together for Canadian Thanksgiving. He deemed me an honorary Canadian, being from Michigan. He also named Min Kyung honorary Canadian by being married to one and Kwang Min also because he lived there for 3 years. So, I met a group of the Canadians—Kim, Tim, Krystle, Priscilla (also mentioned earlier-the day of the color run), Amanda (another English teacher I don’t know too well) and Sallya (another English teacher I don’t know well). We went to a restaurant called Rocky Mountain Tavern. It was mostly just western food, though they did have poutine, which was not given a super high rating from the Canadians. I got a Tex-Mex burger and it was pretty good. After dinner we went to a cafĂ© and sat on the roof terrace and chatted.
Canadian Thanksgiving
Some of our food
My Tex-Mex burger
Min Kyung and me outside on the terrace--I love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment