Sunday, October 27, 2013

Full Day

This morning I met Jacob in Hongdae to go to our mentor training together. We arrived earlier than expected and were leaving the station and saw a grandma trying to pull her cart up the stairs. I told him he should help her, so he asked her if she wanted help and pulled the cart up for her. Then I remembered there is a Krispy Kreme right by the department store we were at, so we went for a "Baby Mummy" donut from Krispy Kreme.

The meeting was good-long, but good. I'm really excited about our mentor program. It's going to be a really neat experience. I enjoyed meeting all the other mentors; there are 9 of us in total. We had a some ice breakers and discussion. We got pizza for lunch delivered to the meeting and finally finished around 3. After, the president of InKAS wanted to take us to coffee, so most of us went on to the Starbucks near the InKAS office and had coffee. Jacob and I tried to go to Myeongdong to do some shopping, but it was so crowded it was impossible. Instead we left and went to soccer really early. We stretched and found a ball to kick around until John arrived and then used his.

At first there were only 6 of us, but then as we played a lot of people showed up late. We ended up having 14 people, which resulted in an over crowded field. I was actually a little disappointed how soccer went. I had volunteered to do my share in goal and I was in there for 20 minutes and I finally ended up asking the guys if someone would switch with me.

Church was good--we had 5 priests (and one was a new face). After church I just came home because I was feeling pretty tired from soccer and the long day.
Baby Mummy donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment