Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Concert

Classes went okay—I think my favorite 6th grade classes are 5 and 4. They participate and are happy. Though class 5 was probably only especially happy today because they changed seats. There was open class today (and also next week—that’s when I’ll be observed) so I went with my 5th grade co teacher to watch some of the classes. We basically just popped in and out of all the 5th and 6th grade classrooms and saw what they were teaching. It was funny because the students can act so differently in our room or in their homeroom. Kelly teacher said she felt betrayed by one student because he is so bad for us and was acting so well in his homeroom!

In the evening I met Kwangmin in the subway station at Yeodio (where he works) and then went on to Gangnam area for a concert. Kwang Min volunteered as an English teacher for North Korean defectors last year and they were having a benefit concert. We had dinner before we went to the concert. He picked up the tickets and then we sat outside a little before the concert started. It was so cold today! I'm not ready for winter that's for sure. The concert was pretty good. A few orchestral pieces in the first half. Then after intermission they had a few 'opera' type singers sing along with some songs. We ducked out halfway through the second half because it was getting late and it was about an hour commute for both of us to get back.
Breakfast sandwich--yes, I bought the more expensive whole wheat bread!!
A cool musical water fountain outside
Waiting for the concert to start

No comments:

Post a Comment