Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, Monday

Our first class was kind of nice because they are a bit ahead of schedule. We ended up playing some games with them instead of doing any lesson. We also had our worst class today. My coteacher and I thought we'd try something new and move their desks to see if it would help them focus more or just change the atmosphere. It didn't work. I actually think it made it a little bit worse. I went to the staff meeting and didn't understand anything. My 5th grade coteacher told me she is going to ask my 'life' coteacher if I can skip those meetings.

After work, I took a little break at home and then went to Itaewon to visit my friend Jes. I play soccer with him, but he was injured a few weeks ago and went to get an MRI. They told him he would need surgery, so since he was adopted to Denmark, he's going to be going home to do the surgery and spend a few months there in therapy and for recovery. I haven't really gotten a chance to see him much so now's the time since he's leaving Wednesday!

I got a little lost in the back alleys of his neighborhood but eventually found his place. He technically lives in a different neighborhood than Itaewon, and I kind of liked the area. After I got off the main street of Itaewon and walked for about 3 minutes I came to a cute antique-y area with lots of shops that all had different chairs outside for sale. If I was going to live here permanently, I think I would buy a bunch of different chairs. Anyway, I got to his place and also got to see Edo, his roommate (adopted) from Belgium. We walked (Jes limped) to a restaurant at the end of the street. We ordered an "all you can eat" order of samgypsal and another type of pork thinly sliced. In the beginning we tried to get 3 orders of just samgypsal, but the ajuma told us we should get the all you can eat (which was a little bit more expensive). We ate our way through the regular portion and then suffered through an extra plate of samgypsal to make it worth our money. The thing I like about BBQ is that it makes dinner nice and leisurely. It takes time for the meat to cook, and because the grills are only so big you can only fit so much meat on it. Thus it's really conducive to creating conversation. We were at the restaurant for almost 2 hours (I feel like this is very typical when going to BBQ with anyone).

I called it a night after dinner. I know Jes and Edo are night owls (they go to bed when I wake up) but I have been feeling pretty exhausted lately. It was a 30 minute subway ride home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy Sorry about your friend getting injured. Enjoyed the blog. Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete